Sunday, December 26, 2010

How Dependent We Have Become

It wasn't until today that I notice how dependent we have become on somethings in life. After spending over 12 hrs. without electric and only the thoughts in my head for the most I realized that we take these things for granted. I don't think I could live that way for long. No heat, no hot water, no lights, no T.V.'s, no computer/internet, no video games, no way to cook a meal, no way to do wash......and the list goes on for most of us. But now as I sit here entering this and taking full advantage of this comfort I realize that those go without learn to adapt to their environments and do what they have to do in order to survive. Now we may not agree on the ways that some may choose to do that. But I know I am happy to be where I am. Could you picture me as an old settler before electric. That would be a site to see. Oh well I guess that was my food for thought today.

No comments:

Post a Comment